The 2013-2014 Marketing Plan was unveiled to dozens of partners at the City of Newport Beach Civic Center Community Room Thursday June 20th.
City leaders, hotel partners, restaurateurs, and local business owners and operators got a firsthand look at the vision of Newport Beach & Company’s marketing efforts and strategic outlook. Organizational priorities moving forward include:
- Integrated Destination Marketing
- Drive Market Campaign
- Public Service Hospitality Training
- International Markets
- Conference Sales Client Engagement
President and CEO Gary Sherwin detailed the business model that Newport Beach & Company will follow with several umbrella entities comprising the overall organization. These include Visit Newport Beach, Celebrate Newport Beach, Dine Newport Beach, Newport Beach TV, and Enterprise Newport Beach (BIDS).
Sherwin also discussed the Newport Beach Foundation, which will focus on establishing programs that will help identify and train future leaders in the community.
Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Vicki Higgins outlined Visit Newport Beach’s successes, goals, and partnerships. Among them:
- The Conference Sales Team far exceeded fiscal year goals to secure 30,348 room nights.
- The New Visitor Concierge Desk opened May 1st, 2013 at Fashion Island.
- The Hospitality Training Program with the Newport Beach Police Department enhances the visitor experience. Chief Jay Johnson also spoke about the importance of the program and what it means to have trained officers interacting with Newport Beach visitors.
- VisitNewportBeach.com’s staggering growth including:
- Direct Traffic (+104%)
- Web Visits (+31%)
- Unique Visits (+33%)
- Page Views (+14%)
- Organic Searches (+15%)
- Advertising, Public Relations, Online and Promotions efforts on local, national, and international levels resulted in FY12-13 totals of:
- Ad equivalency of $6,319,730
- Print circulation 529,393,200
- Impressions 4,502,689,444
- Unique Visitors 395,665,095
There were several partners who helped make the event spectacular and we would like to thank them. They include the City of Newport Beach, 24 Carrots, Vin Goat, Newport Beach Brew Co., and Newport Beach Vineyards & Winery.